Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from the Great American Favorite Brand Name Cookbook.
- 1 (8 ounce) packageof philidelphia light neufchatel cheese, softened (or Cream Cheese)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups peach slices
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups strawberry slices
- 2 cups grapes
- Combine neufchatel cheese, lemon juice & peel, mixing well until blended.
- Beat whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Fold into neufchatel cheese mixture; chill.
- Layer fruit in 2 1/4-quart glass serving bowl.
- Top with neufchatel cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with nuts, if desired.
This was such a different salad, but very good. I used frozen fruit, but would recommend using fresh. The frozen blueberries & peaches worked okay, I thawed & drained them pretty good before layering in the bowl. But the thawed strawberries, I couldn't seem to drain enough, plus they were soggy. This was totally my fault, so I still give it 5 stars because it was delicious just the same.<br/>Made for Spring PAC 2014
This salad is the perfect light finish to any meal. I did everything as directed but next time I may omit the grapes and simply add in more berries and peaches. The lemon flavoured cream went wonderfully with the sweetness of the fruit. Also, to cut down on the fat, I replaced the whipping cream with fat free plain yogourt. That worked very well and I will do it again when I repeat this recipe.
I started to post this recipe and saw you had already done so. This is the best fruit salad ever. We love the topping. Thanks for posting. Debbie