Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Make and share this Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large whole garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped or 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato paste
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (9 ounce) package cheese-filled tortellini
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Saute garlic with the olive oil in a large stock pot over medium heat until golden brown. Be sure to keep an eye on it so it doesn’t get too brown or burnt. When the garlic is done, add tomato soup, tomatoes, half and half, chicken stock and spices. Bring to a simmer. Once simmering, drop tortellini into the soup. Cook according to the package directions. After tortellini are cooked, ladle soup into bowls and top with parmesan cheese.