Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have made it hot and cold, but I do like it better hot. its great with grilled cheese sandwiches for a small dinner and LF.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped,about 1 cup
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, diced,about 4 cups
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- In medium saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add onions and cook about 3 minutes, stirring often, until softened.
- Add tomatoes and 3/4 cup water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer about 30 seconds, or until vegetables are tender.
- Transfer to a blender or food processor; puree until smooth, in batches if necessary.
- Set a medium-fine strainer over saucepan.
- Pour puree into strainer, pressing on the solids with a spatula or spoon to extract as much pulp as possible; discard skin and seeds.
- Whisk sour cream and tarragon into the soup.
- If soup is too thick, add a small amount of water.
- Stir over low heat until soup is hot (do not allow it to boil).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- The soup can also be made in advance and served cold.
Not what I was expecting... sorry.