Prep 20 mins
Cook 32 mins
- 24 mushrooms, large white
- 1 cup tomatoes, sun-dried halves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon vinegar, balsamic
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs, dry
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms.
- Reserve the caps and finely chop the stems.
- In a small bowl, cover the tomatoes with boiling water and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Drain the tomatoes and set them aside.
- In a 10" nonstick skillet, warm the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the mushroom stems and tomatoes.
- cook stirring frequently, until the liquid has evaporated and the mixture has thickened, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Process the tomato mixture, milk, parmesan, and vinegar in a food processor until the mixture is coarsely chopped.
- Place the mushroom caps, stem side up, in a large shallow baking dish.
- Spoon equal amounts of the filling into each cap and sprinkle with the bread crumbs.
- Bake the muchrooms until they are tender and the fillin is heated through, 15 to 20 minutes.