Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Easy soup made in the Vita-Mix
Make and share this Creamy Tomato Soup (Vita Mix) recipe from Food.com.
- 4 medium tomatoes, halved and seeded (but not very thoroughly seeded)
- 1 small red bell pepper, stem and seeds removed
- 1 celery rib
- 13 almonds, soaked overnight and drained (cashews might be a good sub)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons seedless raisins (or dates)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (or 2 Tbsp fresh)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt, the celery alone probably has enough saltiness (optional)
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 2 garlic cloves, bitter centers removed
- 1 cup water, boiling
- Toss into Vita-Mix in the order above, do the variable speed 1-to-10-then-High routine, and blend for about a minute or to whatever texture and degree of heat you like. Might get a bit bitter if you leave it over night.
I omitted the raisins and added 1 T. of tortilla soup spice blend seasoning and 1/2 onion. I used raw cashews, soaked while preparing other ingredients. This was so good, fast and easy. I used about 4-5 Cups tomatoes, and 2-3 Cups of water so I guess I did change it! I have lots of tomatoes in my garden! This is a great soup that is so healthy for you.