Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Please see my recipe for Leek and Potato Soup Base.
- 6 fresh medium-size tomatoes, cores removed or 2 cups canned diced tomatoes
- 2 cups potato and leek soup
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 cup light cream or 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 pinch sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley or 1 tablespoon basil
- Puree tomatoes with immersion blender or food processor.
- Pour into saucepan and blend well with soup base.
- Add bay leaves and simmer 10-12 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Stir in cream and sugar;season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in parsley;serve hot.