Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Just made this soup... WOW quick and easy as well as low cal. Salt amount depends on the tomatoes you use... I have used 1+ teaspoons on some occasions. Enjoy! Core Weight Watchers Recipe - 2 points per serving. I Have made using low fat evaporated milk (couldn't find in data base) and it is delicious as well!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium leeks, finely chopped, white part only
- 56 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add leeks and garlic, cook until soft, about 2 minutes. Add oregano, cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes and bring to a simmer; partially cover pan and simmer 5 minutes.
- Puree soup in pan using immersion blender, or (working in batches) transfer tomato mixture to a blender and puree until smooth - be careful not to splatter hot liquid. Return puree'd tomato mixture to pan.
- Set pan over low heat and add milk. Simmer 1 minute to heat through. Remove pan from heat and stir in basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Easy and good! I made this as directed except that I halved the recipe for 2 of us. Very simple and tasty. Thanks MMinMI for sharing this one. Made for PAC Fall 2008.