Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This soup surprised even me- it features both fresh and dried herbs. Very tasty!
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) canof peeled tomatoes, cut up
- 5 cups chicken broth or 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 10 -12 fresh basil leaves, to dress up
- In a medium Dutch oven, cook in olive oil for about 5 minutes. Add potatoes, cook for 5 minutes then add DRIED parsley, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Stril and cook for 2 minutes covered. Add tomatoes undrained! cover and cook for 5 minutes. Stir. Add chricken broth. Bring to boil, the reduce heat. Simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- Add fresh oregano and parsley, and basil.
- Using an immersion mixer, or a regular blender blend the soup until smooth. Add cream. Heat soup over low heat until heated through.
- If desird garnish with basil.
- For the Vegetarian option use Vegetable Stock or broth.
lovely flavor. I used a roasted vegetable broth and no fat cream.