Chef #407788 Evelinkamalinka's Note:
This soup surprised even me- it features both fresh and dried herbs. Very tasty!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can of peeled tomatoes, cut up
- 5 cups chicken broth or 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 10 -12 fresh basil leaves, to dress up
- 1In a medium Dutch oven, cook in olive oil for about 5 minutes. Add potatoes, cook for 5 minutes then add DRIED parsley, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Stril and cook for 2 minutes covered. Add tomatoes undrained! cover and cook for 5 minutes. Stir. Add chricken broth. Bring to boil, the reduce heat. Simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- 2Add fresh oregano and parsley, and basil.
- 3Using an immersion mixer, or a regular blender blend the soup until smooth. Add cream. Heat soup over low heat until heated through.
- 4If desird garnish with basil.
- 5For the Vegetarian option use Vegetable Stock or broth.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Tomato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.3
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 32.6 mg
- Sodium 632.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 5.2 g