Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
We love soup weather,(doesn't seem to last too long in Texas), and my dad came up with this easy recipe for tomato soup. He is a great cook!
- 3 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 4 teaspoons sugar (we use splenda)
- salt and pepper
- Add all ingredients into a saucepan. Heat to boiling. Remove from heat and blend with immersible hand blender. Serve.
Very easy and quick to make. The flavor is great. I forgot to add the sugar, but it still tasted wonderful. I used diced tomatoes with basil and oregano added. Also added fresh garlic chives. I like chunks of tomatoes in the soup, so only blended very briefly.
I halved this recipe and made it for a light lunch. I used half and half instead of heavy cream, just to lighten it a bit. Very easy, quick and delicious! Thank you, I'm glad I picked you for the Pick a Chef game! :)