Recipe by Nicole Brummett
I don't like plain tomato soup, but there's nothing plain about this one and it's delicious. Great for dinner parties, or just something a little different at lunch or dinner.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained (If you like a spicier taste, use Rotel)
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- croutons (optional) or bagel chips, shredded cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, sauté onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, soup, milk, sugar, basil, paprika, and garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in cream cheese until melted.
- Top each serving with croutons and/or shredded cheese (if desired).
- Serve immediately.