Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
My family loves this pasta sauce and it is quick and easy!
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a saucepan, saute onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat till soft. Add tomatoes, basil, sugar, oregano, salt and pepper. Either cook on low on the stove for approximately 1 hour till it thickens or bring to a boil and boil for 5 more minutes till some of the liquid evaporates. Reduce heat to low and add the butter and heavy cream and simmer for 5 more minutes. Serve with Penne Pasta!