Recipe by FLUFFSTER
This creamy, delicate sauce is wonderful on pasta, in any kind of Italian dish, and I could see it over veggies as well. In the ingredients list, tomato sauce refers to pasta sauce. It is a definate keeper in my house! The sauce looks like it's blushing! How romantic!
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce (can use store bought)
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmigiano
- 14 ounces penne
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the water to a rolling boil, salt it, and add the penne.
- Meanshile, heat the tomato sauce and garlic in a small saucepan. When it starts to boil, stir in the cream and heat through, being careful not to let it burn.
- Season it to taste, and turn off the heat.
- When the pasta's cooked, drain it and transfer it to a boil. Stir in the sauce and the cheese, and serve. Or, if you rather, transfer the drained penne to a skillet and toss them for a minute or so with the sauce over high heat before serving them.