Jakey Bakey's Note:
I adapted this recipe from one I found in a cookbook a few years ago; it's now become my signature pasta sauce. I love it because it mixes my two favorite sauces -- red tomato sauce and cheese! It takes a little more effort than just opening up a jar of Ragu, but the end product is SO worth it, I think. Good for special occasions when you want to WOW your guest(s).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced (you can substitute other veggies if you prefer, like zucchini)
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil (drained and chopped) or 1/2 cup of red pepper pesto sauce
- 2 cups of your favorite ready-made spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (cubed)
- 12 ounces pasta (penne or whatever you like)
- shrimp (peeled and deveined) (optional) or chicken piece (optional)
- 1Saute the garlic in the oil for 2 minutes.
- 2Add the chicken (optional) and cook.
- 3Next add the mushrooms (or other veggies) and saute until tender.
- 4Add the tomatoes or pesto sauce, wine, spaghetti sauce, vinegar and crushed red pepper flakes. Simmer 7-10 minutes.
- 5Add the cream cheese, and stir until it's melted throughout.
- 6Add the shrimp (optional).
- 7Cook your pasta of choice (I like penne).
- 8Top the pasta with this sauce, add some parmesan and whatever else you like (pine nuts, parsley, etc.) and serve. Yum!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Tomato Pasta Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 725.0
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 32.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 62.3 mg
- Sodium 813.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 20.4 g