A quick and easy way to dress up spaghetti. Add red pepper flakes to the browning meat if you want some zip.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground chicken or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb vermicelli, cooked and drained
- fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Brown meat and onion in a large saucepan.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, herbs, sugar, salt and pepper Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in cream and heat through.
- Serve over pasta and top with cheese.