Creamy Tomato Macaroni and Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter a 9 X 13 ovenproof dish.
- Cook pasta about 8 minutes; drain, run pasta under cold water for 1 minute; drain well.
- In a wide pot melt the butter; whisk in flour; cook 1 minute, whisking.
- Whisk in milk and garlic; cook over med low heat until mixture thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt& pepper.
- Add cheeses, thyme and tomatoes; stir until cheese has melted; stir in reserved pasta.
- Transfer to buttered dish; sprinkle with breadcrumbs; bake until top is golden brown, 20 to 30 minutes.