Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
If you create a wonderful, fresh salad then I believe that you should have a fantastic dressing to go on it! It takes no time at all and tastes SO much better and is much healthier than the bottled stuff. The herbs can be changed to suit your taste; I like the sweetish combination of the tarragon and basil, but this works well with thyme too. The sour cream can be replaced by plain yogurt or even buttermilk. Prep time is for the combined ingredients getting to know each other better in the fridge!
Top Review by CountryLady
Very tasty for a tossed green salad! I used sour cream & Dijon mustard and scaled the recipe to 1 cup of dressing. Be careful when scaling since the computer doesn't reduce the amount of vinegar in the ingredients list. Thanx EdsGirl!
- 3⁄4 cup V8 vegetable juice
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (or plain yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 green onion, white part only,finely minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard or 1⁄4 teaspoon creole mustard
- salt and black pepper