Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is an easy and delicious recipe to make when you have an overload of garden-fresh cucumbers, I use cherry tomatoes sliced in half since I have an abundance of them from my garden, and I use wine vinegar for this but regular white vinegar will do just fine! You might prefer a sweeter dressing so adjust the sugar and vinegar to taste. I have even added in some small broccoli and/or cauliflower florets to this.
Top Review by dianainky
I love this salad but I found if you salt the cucumbers lightly and let them set about 30 minutes then take a paper towel and squeeze them a little bit the cucumbers don't have as much juice which makes the sauce thinner. It really does work, try it.
- 2 small cucumbers (peeled, seeded and cut into 1/4 in slices or chopped)
- 2 small plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced (or use a yellow onion)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or to taste)
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine cucumber, chopped tomato and onion; toss to combine.
- In another bowl combine sour cream, sugar, vinegar, dill and garlic powder (if using) mix well then pour over veggies, and toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill until serving.