1/2 Photos of Creamy Tomato-Cucumber Salad
This is an easy and delicious recipe to make when you have an overload of garden-fresh cucumbers, I use cherry tomatoes sliced in half since I have an abundance of them from my garden, and I use wine vinegar for this but regular white vinegar will do just fine! You might prefer a sweeter dressing so adjust the sugar and vinegar to taste. I have even added in some small broccoli and/or cauliflower florets to this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 small cucumbers (peeled, seeded and cut into 1/4 in slices or chopped)
- 2 small plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced (or use a yellow onion)
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or to taste)
- 1 1/2-2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1In a bowl, combine cucumber, chopped tomato and onion; toss to combine.
- 2In another bowl combine sour cream, sugar, vinegar, dill and garlic powder (if using) mix well then pour over veggies, and toss to coat.
- 3Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Cover and chill until serving.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Tomato-Cucumber Salad
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.4
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 44.8 mg
- Sodium 74.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 3.2 g