Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Smooth and so yummy!!
Top Review by Nicole McBride
This soup was wonderful. I made it once exactly as shown. Then, craving tomato soup I did not have any more crab. I left out the crab and blended two large roasted red peppers in the blender and added it in with the tomato juice. It was like a roasted red peper & tomato bisque. Great recipe, thank you.
- 44.37 ml finely chopped onions
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 591.47 ml half-and-half
- 473.18 ml tomato juice
- 2.46 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1.23 ml ground savory
- 0.25-0.5 ml hot pepper sauce
- 2 (340.19 g) can lump crabmeat, rinsed,drained,and picked over
- sour cream
- chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium-size saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Saute onion and garlic until tender.
- Stir in flour, salt, and pepper; continue stirring and cooking until bubbly.
- Gradually add the cream, tomato juice, worcestershire sauce, savory, and hot pepper sauce.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add in the crab; stir until heated through.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper if needed.
- Ladle soup into individual serving bowls.
- Add a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley.