Smooth and so yummy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground savory
- 1 -2 dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 (6 ounce) cans lump crabmeat, rinsed,drained,and picked over
- sour cream
- chopped fresh parsley
- 1In a medium-size saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- 2Saute onion and garlic until tender.
- 3Stir in flour, salt, and pepper; continue stirring and cooking until bubbly.
- 4Gradually add the cream, tomato juice, worcestershire sauce, savory, and hot pepper sauce.
- 5Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 6Add in the crab; stir until heated through.
- 7Season to taste with salt and pepper if needed.
- 8Ladle soup into individual serving bowls.
- 9Add a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Tomato Crab Soup
Serving Size: 1 (408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 549.4
- Calories from Fat 374
- Total Fat 41.6 g
- Saturated Fat 25.5 g
- Cholesterol 181.5 mg
- Sodium 1464.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 25.6 g