Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made up the recipe and my kids and husband raved about it and asked me to make again soon after. It is very easy to make.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt & pepper
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 diced onion
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons vegetable stock base (Better Than Bouillon brand name)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 4 ounces neufchatel cheese or 4 ounces cream cheese
- Preheat Oven to 375.
- Pat chicken breast dry with paper towels.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat non-stick frying pan.
- Add 2 tsp olive oil.
- Dredge 3 of the breast with flour, add to hot pan and brown both sides.
- After brown put into baking dish and place them in the oven.
- Add 2 more tsp of oil to pan, coat the pan.
- Dredge and brown last three breast.
- Add to baking dish and continue to baking while the sauce is cooking.
- Add diced onions to pan.
- Saute until nicely browned.
- Add diced tomatoes, garlic, veg. base, and dill weed.
- Use potato masher, food chopper or hand held blender to break tomatoes down a little bit.
- Cook 10 min on high to reduce, stirring often.
- Add cheese.
- Stir until cheese is blended into sauce.
- Add chicken and dippings.
- Toss chicken to coat with sauce and to mix in dippings.
- Serve with pasta.