Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
COMFORT FOOD!! Have this special soup anytime of the year. Combine with a sandwich for a meal! The flavor of the tomatoes and cheese, along with the croutons is superb! To get full flavor do use the can of stewed tomatoes. Quick and Easy!!!
- 1 (14 ounce) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (10 ounce) tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 6 ounces water
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a saucepan, mix stewed tomatoes, tomato soup, water, sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in milk just before serving.
- Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with cheese. Top with croutons.
Wow! Comfort food is correct! It makes the good old Campbell's tomato soup (which I love to begin with) a touch of homemade taste.. I used homemade garlic croutons. We enjoyed this with mac & cheese; it was a perfect combination. Thanx for a brilliant recipe!