Love the flavor of fresh tomatoes and cream!
Make and share this Creamy Tomato Bisque recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 large tomatoes or 1 (28 ounce) can Italian tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 -2 cup light cream
- 2 -4 tablespoons sherry wine
- In a deep saucepan, melt butter and saute onion and garlic until golden. Slice tomatoes (if using canned tomatoes, drain first) and add with dry mustard, salt, and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, 8 - 10 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste. (If tomatoes are not full-flavored, you may wish to add more paste.) Add flour and chicken broth, then bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Puree in a blender, then strain to remove seeds and skins. Add 1 - 2 cups light cream.
- Reheat to serve, but do not boil. add sherry to taste. This soup keeps well and may be frozen.