Recipe by DianeNJ
A rich creamy tomato soup with some tortellini to fill your tummy. Serve with some hot garlic bread! I just combined a few of my favorites from other recipes and added some parmesan it was a hit. Hope you enjoy it too!
Top Review by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
A very good soup, perfectly seasoned using dried basil . I halved the recipe using only fired roasted tomatoes and no tomato paste, personal preference. I used gnocchi in place of tortellini. I blended until smooth with a stick blender. A great soup with a salad. Thanks for posting.
- olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 2 (850.48 g) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 (609.51 g) can campbell's tomato soup
- 2 (566.99 g) can milk (use soup can)
- 10 fresh basil leaves, chopped or 14.79 ml dried basil
- 411.06 g can chicken broth
- 44.37 ml Italian-style tomato paste
- 118.29 ml light cream or 118.29 ml half-and-half
- 59.14 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 255.14 g package cheese tortellini
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat soup pan with olive oil. Add onion and garlic and saute till soft.
- Add canned diced tomatoes, basil, tomato soup and two cans milk. Stir till blended.
- Add chicken broth and stir in tomato paste till blended.
- Simmer for 20 minutes
- Add light cream and parmesan cheese.
- Add tortellini and cook till tender (at least 15 minutes).