Recipe by CookyCookie
Something I whipped up from a combination of recipes -- really hearty and filling. Great for canned or fresh tomatoes, especially during the summer season!
Top Review by Brenda
Wonderful tasting, quick and simple recipe. I followed the recipe pretty much except for adding some salt and pepper and an extra package of tortellini (I used herbed chicken tortellini from Aldi). I then added more broth, tomato juice and cream until it was a consistency I was satisfied with. Everyone in my family of six thought it was great- definitely a keeper!
- 907.18 g tomato juice
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 411.06 g petite diced tomatoes
- 236.59 ml heavy whipping cream
- 36.97 ml dried basil leaves
- 44.37 ml minced garlic
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 59.14 ml sweet unsalted butter
- 255.14-283.49 g cheese tortellini
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté minced garlic in vegetable oil until slightly browned and fragrant.
- Combine garlic with tomato juice, chicken broth, and petite diced tomatoes in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Let simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add cheese tortellini and basil leaves, then simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Slowly add butter and heavy whipping cream, and stir continuously over low heat until heated through. DO NOT LET BOIL.
- Goes great with side salad and bread.