Something I whipped up from a combination of recipes -- really hearty and filling. Great for canned or fresh tomatoes, especially during the summer season!
- Sauté minced garlic in vegetable oil until slightly browned and fragrant.
- Combine garlic with tomato juice, chicken broth, and petite diced tomatoes in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Let simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add cheese tortellini and basil leaves, then simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Slowly add butter and heavy whipping cream, and stir continuously over low heat until heated through. DO NOT LET BOIL.
- Goes great with side salad and bread.