1/1 Photo of Creamy Tomato and Shrimp Chowder
I find this absolutely addictive. It is super easy to make, yet tastes like it's been cooking for hours. With a nice salad and some ciabatta bread, it makes a satisfying meal. Or, it would make an elegant and awesome first course for your dinner party or special meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic
- 1 lb medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces small raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup water
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- chopped fresh basil, to taste
- 1Heat oil over medium heat in large stockpot or saucepan.
- 2Add celery and onion, and cook until translucent and tender.
- 3Pour in tomatoes and their liquid.
- 4Heat to a simmer.
- 5Add medium shrimp, return to a simmer, and cook until shrimp turn pink.
- 6Add small shrimp, and cook for about 2 minutes.
- 7Stir in heavy cream and water and bring to a simmer.
- 8Season to taste with cayenne and black pepper.
- 9Sprinkle fresh basil over soup and stir in just to wilt it.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Tomato and Shrimp Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.7
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 226.7 mg
- Sodium 211.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 24.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic