1/1 Photo of Creamy Tomato and Lentil Slow Cooker Soup
4 hrs 10 mins
maggie in australia's Note:
a spicy soup based on a Breville recipe in the slow cooker's sample recipes. I have modified this a bit - see which version you prefer.Originally it included 4 cloves garlic, 3 tsp minced chilli and you stirred 1/3 cup sun dried tomato pesto through at the end. I found this too hot. Even this version is fairly spicy but yummy! Next time I make it I will leave out the chilli altogether and just add sun dried tomato pesto.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium Spanish onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 6 cups tinned crushed tomatoes
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups red lentils
- 1 1/4 cups cream
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomato pesto (optional)
- 1Heat oil in a non stick pan. Cook onion over medium heat until golden. Add garlic and chilli and cook for about 1 minute.
- 2Place onion mix in slow cooker. Stir in tomatoes, stock, tomato paste, brown sugar and lentils.
- 3Cover with lid and cook on LOW 6-8 hours or HIGH 4 hours.
- 4Stir in cream 1/2 hour before end of cooking, replace lid and continue to cook.
- 5The orginal recipe says to ladle into bowls and top with 2 tsp sundried tomato pesto. Serve hot with crusty bread.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Tomato and Lentil Slow Cooker Soup
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.4
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 41.4 mg
- Sodium 152.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 10.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: