I actually modified the original recipe from Jenny at PickyPalate to become my own. This really is a quick and tasty soup...great for a work week dinner or when you are in need of comfort food. I love adding some shredded mozarella each bowl after laddling it up. I hope you enjoy this as much as we do!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning (Add or subtract based off your personal preference)
- 24 ounces pasta sauce (I used Classico or you can use your favorite homemade sauce)
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream (You can use half n half if you so choose)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 11. In a medium sized dutch over, cook sausage until browned over medium heat, drain excess oil from sausage.
- 22. Stir in diced onions and garlic, cook until onions are transparent.
- 33. Stir in Italian seasoning, pasta sauce, water, half and half and salt and pepper.
- 44. Cook until warm then reduce heat to low. Simmer until ready to serve.
- 55. Eat and Enjoy.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Tomato and Italian Sausage Soup
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 568.6
- Calories from Fat 411
- Total Fat 45.7 g
- Saturated Fat 21.8 g
- Cholesterol 126.9 mg
- Sodium 1401.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 17.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: