Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
I actually modified the original recipe from Jenny at PickyPalate to become my own. This really is a quick and tasty soup...great for a work week dinner or when you are in need of comfort food. I love adding some shredded mozarella each bowl after laddling it up. I hope you enjoy this as much as we do!
- 1⁄2 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning (Add or subtract based off your personal preference)
- 24 ounces pasta sauce (I used Classico or you can use your favorite homemade sauce)
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream (You can use half n half if you so choose)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1. In a medium sized dutch over, cook sausage until browned over medium heat, drain excess oil from sausage.
- 2. Stir in diced onions and garlic, cook until onions are transparent.
- 3. Stir in Italian seasoning, pasta sauce, water, half and half and salt and pepper.
- 4. Cook until warm then reduce heat to low. Simmer until ready to serve.
- 5. Eat and Enjoy.