Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A filling soup that came about after combining 2 recipes on accident! Comes together in one pot or put it in the crockpot and come home to deliciousness!
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, petite diced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup button mushroom, finely chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can white beans (garbanzo, cannellini, Great Northern)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Italian spices
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk (more if you want a creamier taste)
- If making in crockpot, put all ingredients in except beans and evaporated milk, cook on low 6-8 hours Remove chicken, shred, stir to incorporate, add beans and evaporated milk, stir and serve.
- If making on stovetop, place all ingredients (except beans and evaporated milk) in large soup pot, cook til chicken is tender. Shred chicken, add it back to the soup mixture, add beans and evaporated milk, let simmer to reduce slightly.
- You can use any variety of evaporate milk, I used full fat PET brand. One of the original recipes I was reading used coconut milk, but I do not like that with the Italian flavors of this soup. However, if you do like that, give it a try!