Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Trying to get more soy into your Diet??? Or want no eggs or dairy???? Try this.!!!! Try As A dip!!!For Vegies or grilled chicken!
- 1⁄4 lb silken tofu
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 shallot, cut into 1/4
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons your choice dill or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cilantro or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons mint or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons parsley or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons rosemary or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons basil
- salt and pepper (to season)
- Place the tofu, vinegar, garlic, shallot, mustard, herbs into food processor with metal blade and blend till pureed.
- Combine the water to prcessor while machine is still running, follow with the oil salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately on your favorite salad or grilled meat.
Yummy, Made this to use for a dip, added dill, it is sooooo good. DH loves to have a dip when eating celery. This is perfect. Will be trying it with some of the other choices espically basil, roesmary or cilantro. Will be trying it on salads also. Thank you so very much for posting this Recipe.
Oh yum, this recipe is amazing! It makes for a creamy, thick and super yummy dressing! I thought this would be lovely before making it, but I must correct myself now that I have tasted it: it is AMAZING! :)<br/>I used a mix of dried herbs as I could not get fresh ones (dillweed, cilantro, parsley, Italian herbs). That worked out well.<br/>Rita, this dressing tastes exactly like one our old butcher makes and that was a regular at bbqs during my childhood. Now that Im a grown-up and living in a different city I havent tasted it in years and sometimes I missed it. Now I can make it at home. YAY! Thank you so much!<br/>Made and reviewed for your win in the Sun and Spice Event February 2013.
Ooh! This is creamy deliciousness! I made it exactly as directed in a blender. Couldn't be easier and the end result is fantastic. I served it on a raw beet salad and it was perfect.