1/1 Photo of Creamy Thai Carrot Soup (Vegan)
An adapted recipe from Weight Watchers. Silken tofu replaces cream or milk for a lower fat, lower calorie soup. Increase or decrease the spiciness factor by using more or less gingerroot and/or curry paste. Thanks DJ for the recipe! (And you know who you are!) ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups fresh vegetable stock or 2 cups fresh chicken stock
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 medium garlic clove, peeled
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, freshly grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste (read *NOTE) or 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder (read *NOTE)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces silken tofu
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, fresh, cut into slivers
- 1*NOTE: Thai curry paste available at Asian markets or make your own using recipes off this site.
- 2In a medium saucepan, bring broth, carrots, onion, garlic and ginger to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes; until carrots are tender.
- 3Stir in Thai curry paste and salt; simmer 1 minute to blend flavors. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- 4Add tofu to saucepan and puree in soup pot using an immersion hand blender (or in batches in a blender) until smooth.
- 5Serve mint leaves on side. Yields about 1 cup per serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Thai Carrot Soup (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 73.9
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 382.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Thai red curry paste