Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A cheese, spicy and creamy polenta. Serve as a side dish to any Mexican or Southwestern meal.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup scallion
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chiles in adobo, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese, shredded
- In pot, bring 4 cups salted water to boil; reduce heat to medium-low. Slowly stir in cornmeal.
- Stir until mixture is thick and creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in butter, 1 cup cheese, scallion, chipotle and salt until cheese and butter are melted.
- Serve sprinkled with remaining 2 T cheese.
I enjoyed this for breakfast this morning. I halved the recipe and used just a leeetle of the chipotle. Loved it! Thank you! Made for Zaar tag.