1/1 Photo of Creamy Tarragon Scallops With Spinach & Smashed Potatoes
Caroline Cooks's Note:
Sauteed scallops in rich creamy tarragon sauce on bed of smashed potatoes and steamed fresh spinach. Great for a romantic twosome or dinner party! This serves two; can multiply for more. (Will post photo when published)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large potato, peeled, cut into 1 inch pieces
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 -4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 3/4-1 cup half-and-half, divided
- 10 -12 sea scallops
- 10 -12 whole baby spinach leaves, stems removed
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/8 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons yellow onions, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried tarragon or 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, if you have it
- 1Boil until potatoes are tender, about 8 minutes.
- 3Return to pot.
- 4Smash potatoes.
- 5Stir in 1 tablespoons butter. Stir in Half and Half and ½ teas. tarragon into warm smashed potatoes.
- 6Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 7Set aside and keep warm.
- 8Steam spinach leaves and keep warm.
- 9Melt 2 tablespoons butter in cast iron or heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- 10Dry scallops and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 11Add scallops; sauté until just opaque in center, about 2 minutes per side.
- 12Transfer to plate; tent with foil.
- 13Reserve juices in skillet.
- 14Sauté onions in skillet until softened; add garlic, then wine.
- 15Deglaze skillet.
- 16Simmer over medium heat until absorbed, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to MED-LOW.
- 17Stir in about 1/2 cup Half and Half and 1 teas. tarragon; simmer 1-2 minute to thicken.
- 18Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- 19To serve: Divide and place steamed spinach on top smashed potatoes on two warmed plates.
- 20Divide scallops and place on spinach.
- 21Divide sauce over all.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Tarragon Scallops With Spinach & Smashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (484 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 554.1
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.2 g
- Saturated Fat 19.7 g
- Cholesterol 115.3 mg
- Sodium 225.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 22.0 g