Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 mins
From "Light Style" , The low cal, low salt, low fat way to good food and good health. Good on chicken or fish.
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon (or more to taste)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- fresh ground pepper
- Melt margarine in saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour til smooth.
- Gradually add broth stirring constantly til thick and smooth, about 4 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir til smmoth. Makes 1 1/4 cup.
This is a very tasty sauce, for being low-fat, etc. And easy to make. I served it over Oregon Salmon Patties. Made for Fall 2011 PAC game.