Prep 5 mins
Cook 13 mins
Dress up your plate by spooning these veggies into my Crispy Toast Cups. This makes a nice appearance for a lunch or main meal side dish.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups white pearl onions, peeled
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1 dash white pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Put 1 tablespoon of butter in a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish.
- Microwave on High until melted.
- Add onions, cover and microwave on High for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir once.
- Stir in peas and set aside.
- Place 2 tablespoons butter in a 4-cup measure.
- Microwave until melted.
- Stir in flour, salt, lemon peel, tarragon and pepper.
- Blend in half-and-half.
- Microwave on High for 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture thicken and bubbles.
- Stir every other minute.
- Pour sauce over peas and onions; stir.
- Microwave 1 to 2 minutes or until hot.
- Spoon into Crispy Toast Cups (recipe #65957) and serve.