Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe came from a steak house on south-shore Lake Tahoe. My girlfriend received a copy of the recipe before the stopped serving it.
- 3 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄8 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 2 heads boston lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup bay shrimp, chopped cooked shrimp
- With hand mixer beat egg yolks for 5 minutes Or till fluffy and light in color.
- At medium speed, stream in oil slowly, mixing for 2 more minutes.
- At slow speed, add lemon juice, mayo, milk and vinegar. Blend for 2 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients, blend for 5 minutes.
- Chill overnight for best flavor.
- Serve over Boston lettuce and top with bay shrimp.
a friend just gave me some fresh tarragon so I thought I would look to find a recipe for a dressing because I used to go crazy over the one they had at Harveys casino, lake Tahoe and here it is.I will let you know how mine turns out.