Recipe by Jim Trebilcox
This will get rave reviews from the family. It's easy, novel and filling. Serve with Spanish Rice and refried beans. Que Bueno!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 ounces taco sauce
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces corn kernels
- 4 ounces sliced olives
- 1 bag Fritos corn chips, 10 ounce size
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- tomatoes, diced
- green onion, diced
- sour cream
- shredded lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the ground beef with the onions and garlic.
- When all the pink is out of the meat add the seasoning mix, water, cream cheese, corn, 1/2 the olives and Taco sauce.
- Let this simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Crush the Fritos chips (I used the chili flavored ones, but plain will work fine).
- In an 8x12 casserole dish, layer 1/2 of the Fritos, then 1/2 the meat filling, and then 1/2 the cheese (regular cheddar will work also, I just prefer the combined cheese flavors).
- Repeat the layers and top with the remaining olives.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes, or until it is warmed completely and the cheese is melted.
- To serve, you can top with shredded lettuce, the diced green onions (tops included), diced tomatoes and a shot of the sour cream.