Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Even people that dislike spinach, love this dish!
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half cream, divided
- 1⁄3 cup grated swiss cheese
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter 1 2-qt casserole dish.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter.
- Mix in flour to make a roux.
- Add mustard and cream, whisking until thickened; add Swiss cheese, 2 TBSP Parmesan cheese and 1 cup half and half cream; mix well.
- Remove from heat; cool 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together spinach, the cooked cream sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn into prepared casserole dish.
- Top with remaining 2 TBSP Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
Wonderful flavor! Swiss cheese and Dijon go so well together. I used fat free half and half without a problem. The only thing I added was a bit of garlic. Loved it and will make it again. Thanx!
I am SO happy I made this recipe. I even got DH to eat spinach! The sauce is very rich...I cut down on the mustard as I do not like a very strong dijon taste, so to give a bit back I saute a finely minced onion in the butter. I should have used more salt, but otherwise it was SO good. The instructions were easy to follow and it turned out perfect!