Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Quick - easy - tasty From Lakeside Organic Gardens.
Make and share this Creamy Swiss Chard Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 453.59 g swiss chard
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 59.14 ml onion, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 118.29 ml fat free sour cream or 118.29 ml plain yogurt
- 118.29 ml 2% low-fat milk
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese
- 226.79 g fettuccine pasta, cooked according to package
- salt and pepper
- Wash swiss chard, cut into small pieces.
- Heat oil in large 2 quart saucepan over medium high heat, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add swiss chard, garlic and onion; cooking 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes, sour cream, milk, parmesan cheese, cooked fettuccine, salt and pepper to taste; stir well.
- Serve warm.
I love this pasta dish! I did cook the chard a little longer than called for and the tomatoes too. All the flavors tasted great and it looked so pretty! I added just a little more sour cream too. Thanks for a dish I will definately make again!!!
My daughter "hates" Swiss chard, but I have a lot in the garden. This made it quite tolerable for her! and the rest of us enjoyed it a lot! I used canned tomatoes (none in the garden yet...) and no milk. Used vegan sour cream as I had that on hand. Didn't measure too closely. Oh, and I kept the stems of the chard (chopped finely) - sauteed them with the onion for a little before adding anything else. I think the burner should be turned off before adding the sour cream...
Wonderful! I had some left over cooked bacon that I cut up and added toward the end of cooking. Used greek yogurt in place of sour cream and fresh tomatoes. Will make again for sure!