Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A simple to make and tasty Swiss Chard dish. You can also use other greens such as fresh spinach, beet tops. This recipe was on the swiss chard I purchased. It was written on the back of the tag for Consalo growers but, based on some reviews, I am making some changes.
- 1 lb swiss chard or 1 lb other greens such as spinach or 1 lb beet, tops
- 1 tablespoon olives or 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta, cooked according to directions
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- Wash the greens andcut into small pieces. Heat oil in large saucepan over med-high heat 1-2 minutes and add garlic, onion, and mushrooms and saute until tender, Add the greens and cook 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until greens are tender. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook the pasta. Mix the cooked ingredients together. Top with the sour cream and parmesan mix.
- Serves 4 people.
This is a good, fast dish suitable for weeknights. I used whole-wheat bow-tie pasta. I wouldn't make any other changes. It was delicious.
We also didn't have luck with it. The taste was good- but it was gloppy-- not creamy or smooth. I kept reminding my husband of the low fat content, and he said that made up for the fact of the texture. It was like heated up left-over fettucini alfredo that had the fat break due to excess-prolonged heat.
I thought this was really good. I doubled the amount of sour cream & parmesan cheese so that there was more sauce. I also added some red chili flakes. I'll definitely be making this again!