Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
so delicious, you'll think it is dessert! This creamy carrot side dish is low in both fat and cholesterol. As an added plus, the cream cheese provides a good source of calcium and the carrots are rich in vitamin A.
- 1 lb carrot
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons nonfat yogurt, plain
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- PLACE carrots in 1-1/2-quart microwavable bowl or casserole dish. Add enough water to completely cover carrots. Microwave on HIGH 10 minutes or until carrots are tender, drain.
- PLACE carrots in food processor container. Add fat free cream cheese, yogurt and 1 tablespoons of the sugar; cover. Process until well blended. Place in serving bowl.
- MIX remaining 1 tablespoons sugar, raisins and cinnamon; sprinkle over carrot mixture.