Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This delicious soup is an easy way to disguise zucchini from picky eaters. It's nearly impossible to distinguish the zucchini from the sweet potato, and it gives the soup a beautiful, creamy texture. I discovered this soup in an attempt to use up zucchinis from my garden and sneak it into the soup without my zucchini-hating husband figuring out the deception. It worked! He loves the soup.
- 2 large zucchini, chopped and peeled
- 2 large sweet potatoes, chopped and peeled
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cooking sherry (if you have it)
- 1 tablespoon chicken consomme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- Sauté onion until transparent.
- Add the zucchini, sweet potato, and carrot.
- Sauté for about 20 minutes, then add water, sherry, and milk.
- Cover pot and let simmer for about a half hour.
- Once everything is soft, puree with immersion blender.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.