Recipe by Mirramar
This delicious soup is an easy way to disguise zucchini from picky eaters. It's nearly impossible to distinguish the zucchini from the sweet potato, and it gives the soup a beautiful, creamy texture. I discovered this soup in an attempt to use up zucchinis from my garden and sneak it into the soup without my zucchini-hating husband figuring out the deception. It worked! He loves the soup.
- 2 large zucchini, chopped and peeled
- 2 large sweet potatoes, chopped and peeled
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cooking sherry (if you have it)
- 1 tablespoon chicken consomme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onion until transparent.
- Add the zucchini, sweet potato, and carrot.
- Sauté for about 20 minutes, then add water, sherry, and milk.
- Cover pot and let simmer for about a half hour.
- Once everything is soft, puree with immersion blender.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.