1 hr 10 mins
This delicious soup is an easy way to disguise zucchini from picky eaters. It's nearly impossible to distinguish the zucchini from the sweet potato, and it gives the soup a beautiful, creamy texture. I discovered this soup in an attempt to use up zucchinis from my garden and sneak it into the soup without my zucchini-hating husband figuring out the deception. It worked! He loves the soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sauté onion until transparent.
- 2Add the zucchini, sweet potato, and carrot.
- 3Sauté for about 20 minutes, then add water, sherry, and milk.
- 4Cover pot and let simmer for about a half hour.
- 5Once everything is soft, puree with immersion blender.
- 6Taste and adjust seasonings.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Sweet Potato Zucchini Soup
Serving Size: 1 (399 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.9
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 5.7 mg
- Sodium 678.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: