Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Creamy Sweet Potato Soup
- 5 cups water
- 2 large carrots
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1⁄2-1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- sour cream (optional)
- Put 5 cups of water in a large pot over high heat.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- While the water heats, peel the carrots and chop them into 1-inch cubes.
- Add them to the water.
- Repeat with the sweet potatoes.
- Stem the jalapeno pepper; remove seeds and mince.
- Add to the pot along with salt and pepper.
- When the water comes to a boil, lower the heat and simmer 30 minutes. The potatoes should be soft.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the potatoes to a blender and blend until smooth, adding the cooking liquid as you blend.
- Reheat the soup.