Recipe by The Amaze-Ing Me
This is a recipe I want to try that I found on the lid to my plain yogurt this morning. Hope others find it intriguing as well but just wanted to post it so I have it in my collection ;).
Top Review by mersaydees
I thoroughly enjoyed this soup! Made as directed, only I used dried coriander in place of fresh cilantro due to grocery logistics. I always try to use fresh over dried if given the option! I also found this on the lid of a Dannon yogurt and it intrigued me enough to want to try it! Thanks, The Amaze-Ing Me for getting it posted!
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 sweet onions, large sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 1⁄2 quarts chicken broth
- 1 3⁄4 cups plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a soup pot.
- Add onions and cumin, saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add potatoes and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer soup for 20-25 minutes.
- Puree soup with 1.5 cups of yogurt and cilantro.
- Serve each portion of soup with dollop of remaining yogurt on top and a sprinkle of the seeds.