Recipe by yooper
Refreshing and colorful, this novel combination is a tasty alternative to regular potato salad! Prep time does not include chill time.
Top Review by Manda
I am not a huge fan of regular potato salad, and I love sweet potatoes, so I figured I'd give this one a shot. It has the most unique and wonderful flavor and texture than any salad I have ever had. I halved the recipe because that was all the sweet potatoes I had, and I used bacon bits instead of real bacon (which I will definitely use next time) I used lite mayo and did add a little salt and black pepper, and it turned out wonderful!! Thank you, Mark from yooperland, for a great new way to make sweet potatoes!!:) ~Manda
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes, cooked,peeled and cubed
- 1 cup peas
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green peppers or 1⁄2 cup sweet red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, blend mayonnaise, buttermilk, lemon juice, mustard and sugar until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine sweet potatoes, peas, pepper and onions.
- Pour dressing over all; toss to blend.
- Chill 2 hours or overnight.
- To serve, spoon salad into a large bowl lined with spinach; top with bacon.