1/2 Photos of Creamy Sweet Onion Soup
This makes a great appetizer soup. Easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large vidalia onions, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup light cream (or milk)
- salt, if needed, to taste
- chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
- 1In a large soup pot over medium heat, melt butter; add onions and sauté for 7-10 minutes, stirring often, or until onions start to brown. Scrape browned pieces from bottom; stir.
- 2Reduce heat and add flour; stir briskly to dissolve.
- 3Add broth, wine, pepper, paprika, and basil; stir well and bring to a simmer. Continue to simmer for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender.
- 4Stir in cream (or milk); heat through. Salt to taste; if needed.
- 5Serve garnished with chopped parsley (optional).
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Sweet Onion Soup
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.0
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 62.5 mg
- Sodium 216.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 4.4 g