Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I am a grits lover and this is so good for breakfast. Gives me lots of energy.
- 2 1⁄2 cups 2% milk
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking grits
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- sliced fresh peaches or nectarines or strawberries or whole berries
- Add the milk, grits, honey, and salt to a saucepan.
- Over medium heat, bring mixture to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Once the mixture has reached boiling, lower the heat and cook, stirring frequently, for 8-10 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve warm, topped with fruit.
First time making grits and this was super yummy and easy. I added 3T butter to the recipe because what isn't better with some butter and I used Agave because I didn't have honey. I served it with a little drizzle of sweetened condensed. All the kids loved it!
Just made it this morning! I love grits and now I dont have to go out to enjoy them, this is a great recipe! I reduced the honey by a tablespoon....and I added about 3T of butter. So yummy!
Oooh, yum! Perfect consistency! I replaced half the milk with filtered water and reduced the honey by one third. Used a medley of frozen mixed berries from last summer's harvest. Drizzled a small amount of honey on top and finished with a light sprinkle of freshly grated nutmeg. Will make again very soon as in tomorrow morning. Thank you!