Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
I am a grits lover and this is so good for breakfast. Gives me lots of energy.
Top Review by Megan L.
First time making grits and this was super yummy and easy. I added 3T butter to the recipe because what isn't better with some butter and I used Agave because I didn't have honey. I served it with a little drizzle of sweetened condensed. All the kids loved it!
- 2 1⁄2 cups 2% milk
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking grits
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- sliced fresh peaches or nectarines or strawberries or whole berries
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the milk, grits, honey, and salt to a saucepan.
- Over medium heat, bring mixture to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Once the mixture has reached boiling, lower the heat and cook, stirring frequently, for 8-10 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve warm, topped with fruit.