Recipe by Nikki
This is something you can just throw together and it works! Bake it in the oven and serve with anything - hubby likes it when we have friends over for a "braai" (Barbeque South-African style!) You and your guests will lick the bowl clean.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this to have for lunch for the 2 of us & before suppertime came around it was all gone ~ AN ABSOLUTELY GREAT TREAT FOR US & simple to make, too! Thanks for sharing such an easy recipe for this wonderful tasting bread! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef event]
- 1 lb bread dough (you can usually buy this ready made from the supermarket)
- 250 ml cream
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Make fist-sized balls of dough and place them in an oven-proof dish with space between them to grow.
- Cover dish and leave in a warm place to rise until they have grown.
- Mix sugar and cream.
- Pour half the cream mixture over the dough balls.
- Place in oven at 160 degrees C for 15 minutes.
- Pour over remaining cream mixture and bake for a further 20 minutes.