Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Love meatballs but worry about the fat content? This low-fat version will be a real treat. From BBC Good Food.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb ground pork (or lamb)
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 sprigs dill, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 -4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix together the onion, pork, egg yolk, salt, pepper, lemon juice and half the dill in a bowl. Lightly wet your hands, then shape the mixture into 12 balls, each about the size of golf ball.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Tip in the meatballs and fry, turning often, for about 12-15 mins until golden all over. Mix together sour cream and remaining dill, then spoon over the meatballs. Serve with mashed potato or tagliatelle.
These are delicious! The only thing I did that I would definitely do again: mix 2 tablespoons of the drippings from frying the meatballs into the sour cream/dill sauce used for serving. Thanks, English Rose! Made for the Unrulies Under the Influence, ZWT6.