The starch in the calrose sushi rice, a medium grain rice, makes this a very creamy rice pudding. Look in the Asian section of your supermarket for calrose variety rice. Walmart also carries calrose rice. Calrose is a variety of rice, not a name brand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 2-qt covered saucepan, heat 2-cups of water to boiling. Stir in rice, adjust heat to a low simmer, stir rice once more, cover pan and simmer rice for 20 minutes without peeking.
- 2When rice is done, in another pan, or in microwave, heat 1-1/2 cups of milk almost to a simmer. Stir in sugar and vanilla.
- 3Add the 1-1/2 cups of heated milk/sugar to rice and simmer for 6 minutes, stirring frequently. Make sure and stir the rice on the bottom of pan to avoid scorching.
- 4Stir in raisins and simmer for another 3 minutes. Stirring frequently.
- 5In a small bowl, stir 1/2 cup of milk with beaten egg and salt.
- 6Add milk/egg mixture to rice and simmer for 2-minutes, stirring frequently.
- 7Stir in butter and serve warm or chilled. Brown sugar and/or cinnamon may be sprinkled on top of served rice pudding.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Sushi Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.9
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 51.7 mg
- Sodium 165.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 26.3 g
- Protein 6.3 g